Saturday 19 July 2014

Birchbox UK July 2014 Unboxing


Birchbox July

This review is a little late as you might have guessed. My first impressions of this box wasn't good to be perfectly honest, but the more I look at the products the more I like them.. well some of them... I'm so hard to please sometimes!

 The contents of my box.

Models Own Nail Varnish in 'Sparkler' Full size (14ml £5). A lovely clear polish with larger glittery flecks, can be used on its own or over a coloured polish. I'm not a huge nail varnish fan so I have swapped this product on a FB group.

Lifestyle extra for this month is a Filosofille 4-Sided Nail Buffer. I own a product like this already which hardly ever gets used, I really don't like the sound of filing nails (like nails on a chalkboard) but I will use the buffer side of it to make my nails shiny.

 Benefit The PoreFessional 7.5ml (22ml £24.50) I do like this product but I recieved this in my January box so it would of been nice to see something different. For some reason this tube is larger than the last one I received but both have 7.5ml of product, very strange.

July's on left, January's on right.

 I emailed Birchbox about it being a duplicate and they very kindly sent me another product!
Weleda Millet Nourishing Shampoo 18ml smells lovely very citrusy, can't wait to use it - I do love my hair products!

Whish Three Wishes Lavender Body Butter 22ml (150ml £14.50) Described as 'not your granny's lavender' which I would agree with, it's not the normal smell you'd find with lavender products. It is a sweet scent, but not to my liking.

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream 7ml (15ml £20) This is a product everyone received in their box this month. I really like Balance Me as a brand and own many of their products, including this one! I have yet to actually use the eye cream I currently own so as I now have two, I'm taking it as a sign I should try it. I'm sure I will not be disappointed as I have read lovely things about this cream. It smells really good and is has a nice light formula, perfect for delicate under eye area.

Last up we have Laqa & Co Sheer Lip Lupe Pencil in Menatour (£14 full size 3.7g) I think this is about half full size but there is alot of product here which will last me a while. Initially I was disappointed to see this colour in my box as I think I would have perferred the coral shade. But now I've had time to get used to the idea of wearing a bolder colour I actually quite like it. It is very similar to the Clinique mini Chubby Stick I picked up free this month with Glamour Magazine, which has already become a firm favourite in my makeup bag.

Overall I'm not wowed with this months selection, but I will continue by subscription as I have found a few new favs among these items. If you would like to join Birchbox feel free to use my referral link and we will both be awarded with £5 worth of points to spend in the e-shop. http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=30654

No comments:

Post a Comment