Monday 12 May 2014

Birchbox May 2014 - Harper's Bazaar Collaboration

It's Birchbox time!!

Birchbox is a subscription beauty box where you receive 5 luxe beauty samples for £10 + £2.95 a month. If your interested in joining please sign up using my referral link -http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=30654

 We will both be awarded 50 points worth £5 to spend in the e-shop!


This month Birchbox teamed up with Harper's Bazaar to bring us this great box. Look how pretty the box itself is! I wish they did a different design on the boxes every month instead of the normal plain boring boxes. Included this month is also a little magazine with beauty tips for the great outdoors.



Here is a look at what I got in my box this month
Harper's Bazaar Collaboration May Birchbox 2014


First up is a product a actually already own. I won a free full size of this just last week from feelunique. So far I've enjoyed using it, so I'm quite happy to have a spare as a back up. Benefit They're Real Mascara, this is a 3g sample worth around £6.88, full size is 8.5g and retails for £19.50.




Next is a nail varnish from the brand Soigne. I received the shade 'Creme Au Beurre' which is a lovely natural pink shade (another pink to add to my collection) It came packaged in a box which I think gives it a more expensive feel and an edge over other nail polish brands. It is the only full size in this months box and retails for £11.




Aromatherapy Associates is a brand I have wanted to try for so long. Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil 3ml sample. Ive used this once and maybe only have one more use out of it. It would love to see what this is like in a bath (I only have a shower). It smells really amazing with a blend of pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry. Its quiet expensive full size being £39 for 55ml, making this sample worth about £2.12.




Next is Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser from Liz Earle Beauty Co. Also included is a muslin cloth. I tested this yesterday and found that although it left my skin feeling clean and fresh, it make my skin feel very dry. Good thing for the invention of face moisturisers! I will continue to use it just incase my skin was having an off day. Full size is £13.25 for 100ml. This sample is 30ml worth £3.97



Last but DEFINATELY not least. Birchbox's own Beauty Protector - Protect & Shampoo and Protect & Condition. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE did I mention LOVE! these products. Having sampled the Protect & Oil in my February box I immediately bought the full size Shampoo & Conditioner. I just really love the smell! I wish they would make a shower gel/body butter using the same scent as it is just amazing!  I also have a sample of the Protect & Detangle which I bagged on ebay. I'm currently waiting for the Oil to come back in stock in the e-shop so I can buy it too. The Shampoo & Conditioner works wonders for my hair. These are both available to buy exclusively in the Birchbox e-shop for £14 full size 236ml. I'm guessing these samples are around 25-30ml so somewhere around £1.48-£1.77 each. These are going to be perfect for taking away with me when I visit my mum next week.


Unfortunately no lifestyle extra this month. I see a few people got some Imedeen's Derma One supplements worth £18.99! However I like my box this month (highly due to the Beauty Protector products) Average box value around £25 (give or take)

No comments:

Post a Comment