Monday 14 April 2014

Glossybox UK April 2014 Unboxing

My Glossybox arrived today! Clever postie left it with my neighbour for a change too!

This month I have managed to stay away from Glossybox spoilers & other blog review posts so I had no idea what I might be receiving in my box. That means that this unboxing post will be entirely my honest thoughts on what I received in my box and not an 'Oh I wish I got this item instead' kinda thing. Of course as soon as I publish this post I will be checking out what everyone else got! :-D

Heres a quick look at my box contents










The first thing I noticed was a Lip Brush from a brand I've never heard of Emite Make Up. This brush has an RRP of £17! I have to say I would never pay that much for a makeup brush but it is very soft and looks good quality. I do like getting makeup brushes in boxes but I don't use lip brushes, however this looks a similar size and shape to the eye liner brush I use for my gel liners so I will probably use this one for that instead of for lips. 














Next out the box is Warming Ginger Massage & Body Oil by MONU Spa. Not something I would think of to buy myself but body oils are slowing growing on me. This does have a really lovely Ginger smell which I find relaxing. I have put some on my hand and can't stop smelling it, it's so nice! This oil can be added to a bath or applied directly to the skin - perhaps I can convince my boyfriend to give me a back massage! It can also be used in the shower just before rinsing and claims to transform into a milk which is interesting, I may need to try that out. Full size is £25 for 100ml, this is a 30ml sample worth £7.50.










MeMeMe Cosmetics Beat the Blues - Pearl Pink was a product that confused me when I took it out of the box. I didn't read the card at first and thought this product was a nail varnish but is in actual fact a highlighter. I've haven't tried any of MeMeMe Cosmetics before so I'm quite excited by this one. It's a multi-use product (I love multi-use) which can be used as a highlighter, applied under blusher for a dewy glow or even added to foundation more a subtle shimmer. I received the full size which costs £5.50. 

Also included is a discount code for 20% of an order on mememecosmetics.co.uk which I will most definitely be using.








The next product in this months box is from the only brand I've use before TRESemme - Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo. I have never used their dry shampoo before but have used the normal shampoo/conditioners many times in the past. I love seeing hair products in beauty boxes but I'm sure not many people will agree with me on that. I was given a 100ml sample which is half the full size, so I will get good use out of this. Full size retails for £4.99 making this sample worth around £2.49.












Last is a face cream Daily Face SPF 50+ from SunSense UK. This is a light, soft, oil free facial sunscreen which is slightly tinted and comes in a little 10g tube (reminds me of the hair treatment shot I got in last months box HERE) I don't use sunscreen as often as I should. Living in Scotland we don't see much more than rain! Having said that we got a good summer last year and this year is shaping up to be just as hot. Full size is £20.99 for 75g making this sample worth about £2.79. 
Glossybox have also included a 25% discount code to be used at crawfordhealthcare.com valid until 31st June. I have already had a look on their website and they are currently offering 50% off the Daily Face SPF 50+ cream, so if you are thinking of getting the full size best be quick as I'm not sure how long the offer will last.




The total value of contents this month is just over the £35 mark - highly due to the retail price of the lip brush. It's not as high a value as last months box (I don't think that could of been beaten) but I definitely think it is worth the £10 + p&p paid as I have received a great variety of products that I wouldn't have thought to buy myself and I get to try brands and products I've never used before. So overall I'm very happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment